Solvent: Soluble Oil
Dilution : Diluted with Water
Evap-Lube 3840 is a heavy duty soluble oil lubricant engineered for machining and drawing difficult to form metals including high silica aluminum alloys, high strength low alloy steel, and stainless steel.
Evap-Lube 3840 is a premium quality, heavy duty drawing and machining lubricant. Evap-Lube 3840 was formulated to be used on difficult machining operations such as broaching, thread rolling, tapping, and thread cutting, on difficult to machine metals. Evap-Lube 3840 also provides excellent performance for deep drawing and ironing forming operations.
- Suitable for ferrous and non ferrous metals
- Ideal for metalworking operations on tough to form metals
- Provides in-plant in-process corrosion protection
- Easily removed
- Excellent cooling and lubricating
- Non-corrosive to aluminum, copper and other non-ferrous metals and ferrous metals.
- Readily waste treated
- Unique biocide package.
- Corrosion inhibitor additives
- Reduced toll wear and give excellent part finish.
- Brightening not needed after cleaning.
- Waste disposal does not require special reagents.
- Long use life, odor free
- Provide corrosion free storage
Evap-Lube 3840 is used to perform very difficult forming operations including vertical broaching, roll tapping, thread rolling, deep hole drilling, deep drawing, and ironing. Evap-Lube 3840 is used on difficult to work metals such as high silica aluminum alloys, stainless steel, high strength low alloy steel, metals that have a tendency to gall or spring back after forming and thick gaged metals.
Dilution recommendations for machining
Milling, drilling, shaping, planning 5%
Deep hole drilling 7.5%
Tapping, roll tapping, tread rolling, 10%
Thread cutting and rolling 10%
Storage: Evap-Lube 3840 should be stored in a clean, dry are away from open flames, extreme heat, and strong oxidizing agents.
Note: The information presented herein is our interpretation of certain test results and field experience to date. The information is not to be taken as warranty or representation for which we assume legal responsibility, nor as permission or recommendation to practice any patented invention without a license. It is offered solely for your consideration, investigation and verification.