No Rez® 65
Water Based Cast On Strap battery soldering flux concentrate
NO REZ® 65
- Specially developed to enhance the quality of Battery Fusion
- Formulated to perform cleaning & joining of lugs & straps in most cast-on strap operations
- Water based (Work environment safe) as opposed to commonly used flammable solvent borne fluxes.
- In use throughout the world for more than 25 year
Water-base flux Super concentrate, the No Rez soldering compound – No Rez ® 65, is used for joining lead alloys together or for fusing various metals with tin/lead solder. It has found excellent acceptance in the battery assembly field because of its non-corrosive tendencies once the fusion operation is complete.
Always used diluted and the quantity of flux deposited onto the lugs is very small. Whenever fluxing processes are involved (either dipping or with an impregnated sponge) the lugs are fluxed with great precision. The level of flux impregnation should not be more than 1-2mm maximum.
The machines must be equipped with a acid resistant appropriate system of fluxing or with a resin tank.
No Rez ® 65 is being used at world’s largest to any size battery plants for over two decades. It is being shipped to Jordan, Austria. Brazil, Bulgaria ,China, Chile, United Kingdom, Korea, Mexico, Taiwan, USA and other countries. No Rez ® 65 is shipped as a super concentrate to save ocean freight.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
Diluted concentrate in the usual ratio of one part of No Rez ® 65 flux to twelve to fifteen parts water functions in the following manner:
The flux wets the lead alloy of the plate lugs and does the final cleaning of the metal surface. The Hydrobromic amino acid complex chemically reduces the surface oxides. When heat is applied to the lugs, the water and solvents are driven off in a gaseous state. The residual liquid-crystal formation remains stable until the lead alloys join via the capillary action of the flux. When the fusion between the lugs and the strap is complete, the flux residue is non-hygroscopic and non-corrosive. This, in essence, makes No Rez ® 65 water base flux superior to all Other fluxing compounds including rosin fluxes applied in the battery construction process.
General Chemical’s fluxes are being used at world’s largest to any size battery plants for over two decades. It is being shipped to Jordan, Austria. Brazil, Bulgaria ,China, Chile, United Kingdom, Korea, Mexico, Taiwan, USA and other countries.
- Suitable for ferrous and non ferrous metals
- Ideal where rapid drying is required
- Where surfaces are painted with oil paints
- Burns clean in annealing ovens
- Rubber gloves (impervious to acid) and safety glasses are required when handling or mixing flux solution.
- Keep skin contact to a minimum. Wash exposed skin area with water.
- Wash any clothes that have been splashed with flux.
- A protective hand cream is recommended when handling flux.
ADJUSTING FLUX CONCENTRATE:
Normally, the change in the flux concentrate level is due to the evaporation of water from the solution. Use the following procedure to adjust the flux concentration in your reservoir.
Obtain a reading of flux solution using either the titration method or a Conductivity meter. The recommended reading on the meter should be 15, Indicating 15 to 1 ratio of water to flux.
For every one point below 15 on the meter, add 1.25 liters of water.
Stir the solution after adjustment and take another meter reading to Verify the desired ratio.
PREPARATION OF FLUX FOR USE:
Use plastic (or impervious to acid) equipment when handling flux. Use a 5-gallon container to prepare a solution of flux for use.
- Measure 1.25 liters of the flux concentrate (No Rez ® 65) and pour into a plastic container.
- Measure and add 15 to 19 liters of preferably demineralized water to the container.
- Mix thoroughly. Perform titration of a sample to determine the Concentration. Adjust when necessary.
ALERT – INNOVATIVE – AGGRESSIVE
Note: The information presented herein is our interpretation of certain test results and field experience to date. The information is not to be taken as warranty or representation for which we assume legal responsibility, nor as permission or recommendation to practice any patented invention without a license. It is offered solely for your consideration, investigation and verification.
Testimonial : “Mike, I receive the results from the cross-sectioned straps today, the results confirm that the flux produces straps with minimum gas voids & in fact it has produced the best straps of any of the fluxes I have tried to date. The lug to strap fusion is poor compared existing flux production, this is more to do with lug preparation than your flux. Bottom line (one of the world’s largest battery manufacturer) needs to do further work on the COS operation & pre-conditioning of the lug surface & once this work has been completed I would be interested in pursuing your flux further. Thanks “